Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Speak your mind -the work never stops.



Let me start by saying I have no idea what's written in japanese on my drawing. It was written in one of my brushes and I just copied it into the picture. Hopefully, it has some artistic meaning.

I finished a script yesterday for a new story, and now I'm trying to figure out how the characters will look. Because of the way they talk, I want them to have a very different look from my previous characters, a kind of old and polish look, but at the same time I have this very contemporary visions of them in my mind, which means maybe I won't escape the world my characters live once again.

Brian, from Khepri.com, wrote me today to let people know that anyone that can't find De:Tales in their comic book stores can buy it online (and cheaper) ON THIS LINK HERE! Brian is really good at getting stuff to people who wants it, so that's a good opportunity to those yet to discover the wonder twins magic.



The work never stops, does it? Neither should we, then.

Neither should we stop to create, to push ourselves harder into every direction we can, creatively.

I love comics because I really think in comics we can accomplish things in a story that are impossible to accomplish in film or in prose. Because of that, I try to reach the boundaries of the comics medium, I try to learn of it's history, I try to create something that I believe in.

I believe in telling stories. De:TALES has the latest ones we told. What did you think of it?

1 comment:

Hate Filled Poster said...

I loved it. It had a very magical feeling to it while I was reading it, but the characters and their feelings were very grounded in reality. Does that make any sense? Like what was happening to them wasn't quite real (at least in some of the stories), but their reactions to it and just the way they held and conducted themselves seemed very real.

It was definitely like nothing else I'm reading at the moment. Keep up the excellent work! I look forward to seeing a De:Tales Volume 2 somewhere down the line.