Friday, June 03, 2005



If you want to draw, there's nothing stopping you and you should always be drawing. There's nothing that will do better for your skills than practicing.

It's much like dancing. You have to keep doing it so you can learn to listen to the music.

...

I hear the color guide to the cover of Smoke and Guns is awesome, although I would have to be in San Francisco right now to really know. But I'll see it when everyone sees it, and that's good enough for me. I'm glad it will be ready in San Diego, just in time for some signing.

...

The other day, a friend of mine said you had more control over the story when you were doing comics compared to movies, 'cause comics are like small budget simple movies. I then interrupted and said that comics were the complete opposite of small budget movies.

Comics are big budget movies. We can do whatever we want. We can have our characters look like big movie stars, we can have fancy locations, around the world sets, the most incredible especial effects. We can go back in time and do epic historical stories. If you see that most comics turned into film were big budget movies, you'll see what I'm talking about.

The great thing about comics is the freedom we have to do everything we want. And that alone is priceless.

No comments: